Monday 21 May 2007

Osaka Sukiyanen!

Osaka Sukiyanen (Kansai ben: Osaka dialect) means I love Osaka! I'm really sorry for taking such a long time to update my blog. I've been kinda busy trying to plan for my midterm break trip and okinawa trip. As usual, I haven't been studying much except for Japanese. I'm gonna have my final exams in a week's time though....guess I should really get down to some real studying. The academic calendar is kinda different here as each semester has 2 quarters The first quarter ends right before the midterm break so I'm going to have my final exams soon! べ勉強しなきゃ!(I really have to study ya... =P) Alritey, anyway here are some of the photos that I took when I was in Osaka...enjoy ne! (^0^)












along the streets of minami (one of the main shopping districts in Japan)










okonomiyaki (osaka style fried pancake), probably the japanese cuisine that Osaka is most famous for.... I've learnt how to cook this particular dish (but my style =P)... will probably make some for u guys when I return. (^0^)










probably the biggest ferris wheel in Japan.. it used to be the biggest and highest in the world... =)


















osaka-jo (osaka castle), a replica of the original Osaka castle... the original castle was burnt down and a replica rebuilt...


















with mic and jp...first time that I saw sakura in Japan!
suteki dayo ne! =)
















hana yori dango? (guys who look like flowers)... thor and weili trying to act cool... =P















at the entrance of universal studios... lol... kinda ironic cos we went on a mon, thinking tt it wouldn't be crowded since it was weekday... it turned out that it was the first day of the spring break for all students in japan and universal studios was packed...










hollywood dream ride... e first ride that i took and probably e most thrilling one i've ever taken in my entire life... i was literally tear-ing after e ride... =P










(fr left: jingping, thor, weili, michelle)
3D or is it 4D spidey ride... it's a visual kind of ride... similar to the stimulation ride we have in sentosa but e car is mobile and could move around and not just on the spot... =)