Sunday 15 April 2007

Pre-Exchange Trip - Hokkaido! The Land of Snow (^0^)


I've seen snow for the first time in my life! lol... till now it still seems like a dream to me. I really can't imagine myself standing in the snow, touching and feeling it. 本当に夢見たいね!It seemed so surreal to me...sometimes I really wonder whether I'm really in Japan now. The temperature range in Hokkaido wa probably about minus 3-4 to 4 degree celsius. I'm the kind of person who has to sleep without fan and air-con in Singapore thus it's kinda hard for me to imagine myself staying in Hokkaido for almost 2 weeks. The land of snow is located at the extreme north of Japan which explains its unbearably cold climate but at the same time one of the top tourist attractions in Japan. I heard from the Japanese that Hokkaido probably has the greatest influx of tourists right after Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto. Hokkaido is famous for sapporo ramen (one of my fave Japanese dishes), sapporo beer and shiroi koibito (it means white lover in Japanese and it's a kind of cream biscuits which literally melts in your mouth... the kind that once u start popping you can't stop... it's exclusive though as it's only available in Hokkaido and no where else in Japan).If not for my 30kg luggage plus 10kg backpack, I would have bought boxes and boxes of shiroi koibito...=P).

5 comments:

©m3izzz said...

yoz kane dear~
lovely pic, continue to update yea and i'll b ur no. 1 reader... heee...
tk care *hugs*

A memory of light said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A memory of light said...

hey sry this is my first time posting a comment and i screw it up thats why i have to delete the previous one. you r the person whom i do not expect to start a blog considering ur character in the past hah. looks like you have changed a lot since then. anyway, it will be interesting to know about your encounters in japan. hope to hear more from you soon. take care! and you will be missed from singapore!

CrystalNgu said...

heyo babe! hehehe I love the white lover biscuits too! My friend bought it back for me from Hokkaido and I gobbled them all up ahaha:) Glad to hear you're having fun in Japan! Take care ya and keep warm and toasty hehe:)

フイジュン said...

hey kane! saw ur blog add frm ur msn nick~本当に幸せそうなあ~私も北海道に行きたいなあ~~

花見もしたの?

別府に行ったら、温泉に絶対行かなければならないよ~(笑)九州のらめんは、とても有名なのよ~「いちらん」と「いぷどう」というらめん店のらめん、とってもおいしい~ぜひ食べてみてね。^_^お元気でね。